Resources and Services
- All SIT Study Abroad programs Individual program web pages contain syllabi, faculty bios, and other up-to-date programmatic information.
- Program availability SIT Study Abroad has a rolling admissions process, with opening and closing dates for application submission.
- Program Dates and Program Costs
- Financial aid and SIT scholarships SIT awards more than $1 million in scholarships annually.
- Admissions application forms
- Student confirmation materials Once a student is offered admission to an SIT Study Abroad program, they must complete several additional forms and send a deposit to confirm their space in the program.
- Pre-departure documents Includes information on visas, health and safety, packing, reading assignments and resources, international travel to and from the program base, and the student handbook.
- Student evaluations Required of all student at the end of each program, evaluations address critical topics including pre-departure material and assistance, orientation, homestays, course content, and overall academic quality.
- Order Materials SIT Study Abroad brochures and catalogs are freely available to study abroad advisors and faculty, either for their own use or for distribution to students.
Resources and Services
SIT strives for a highly collaborative and effective partnership with colleges and universities throughout the entire study abroad experience. This page provides information for advisors and faculty related to SIT Study Abroad’s programs, admissions process, and overall services. We encourage you to review the links in the box to the right with your students during the advising process.
- Campus Visits. SIT staff attend study abroad fairs; conduct information sessions and pre-departure orientations; and give presentations to faculty and study abroad advisors. Contact the University Relations Manager in your region for more information.
- Advisor portal. Check the status of student applications from your school using our advisor login tool.
- Affiliation and billing agreements. In order to formalize relationships with individual schools, SIT strongly encourages the creation of an affiliation agreement. The agreement is tailored to the needs of the home institution and includes billing arrangements, as well as a list of the institution’s approved SIT programs. Contact the University Relations Manager in your region for more information.
- Consortium Agreements to be completed by SIT Study Abroad should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 802 258-3296.
- Custom Programs. As an accredited institution of higher learning, SIT works in innovative and strategic ways to provide partnership on internationalization programs and strategy. Learn more about our custom programs.
- Assistance with program approval. SIT can provide in-depth material—including syllabi and faculty bios—to assist you with the program approval process on your campus.
- Electronic Transcripts. Students, as well as their home institutions, have the option of receiving transcripts via electronic delivery. Contact SIT’s registrar for more information. All SIT Study Abroad transcripts are distributed by SIT’s registrar, based on this accreditation.
- Application Customization. SIT understands that our partner schools may have internal application procedures for studying abroad. SIT can add customized messaging to our online application page so that when students from your school apply to an SIT program, they will be directed to your study abroad office or receive important messages related to your home school policies.
A copy of the online application customization form (PDF) is available here and should be submitted to your university relations manager once complete. Once approved, the customized application will go into effect the next enrollment period. Please bring all additional questions to the attention of your university relations manager.
- SIT Library App The Donald B. Watt Library application is available free for download on all mobile devices, making it easier to access SIT’s Virtual Library Guides, review student Independent Study Projects, and obtain library contact information.
888.272.7881 (toll-free in US)
PO Box 676, 1 Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302 USA