India: Sustainable Development and Social Change
- How to Choose a Program
- View SIT Study Abroad Undergraduate Research / ISP Collection
- View the 2014 Overview Brochure (PDF, 2MB)
- View the 2014 Semester Catalog (PDF, 8MB)
- View the 2014 Summer Catalog (PDF, 1MB)
- View Our Photo Galleries on Flickr
- Academic Resources/Library
- Track Your Application Online
- US State Department "Students Abroad"
- SIT Study Abroad Gear
Students in the India: Sustainable Development and Social Change program live with a homestay family in Jaipur for approximately six weeks. Carefully selected families are typically upper-middle class of various sizes and religious backgrounds, all of which have longstanding relationships with SIT. Most host families have multiple generations living under one roof and are typically located in residential neighborhoods where transportation, shopping, and Internet resources are easily accessible.
Through the homestay experience, students have an opportunity to practice language skills and share daily life, including many memorable meals, and special cultural activities — such as weddings — with a North Indian family. Many students consider the homestay experience one of the most meaningful components of the program.
Other accommodations during the program include hostels, educational institutions, or small hotels.
Duration: 15 weeks
Program Base: Jaipur
Language Study: Hindi
View Student Evaluations for this program:
888.272.7881 (toll-free in US)
PO Box 676, 1 Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302 USA