Partnering to advance your institution’s international capacity.
As an accredited institution of higher learning, SIT works in innovative and strategic ways to provide partnership on internationalization programs and strategy. We design programs and initiatives that fit with a home institution’s curriculum, desired learning outcomes, and specific academic goals.
Contact us to discuss initial program ideas and needs.
Lauren Clarke, EdD
Dean for Custom and Comparative Programs
SIT Study Abroad
Custom services and program components
- Consultation on academic content / collaborative curriculum design
- In-country faculty and staff
- Language instruction (basic communication or extended course)
- Fieldwork ethics and research methodology
- Undergraduate research projects
- Homestays with local families and other appropriate housing
- Internships and service learning
- Classroom space
- Field visits and educational excursions
- Medical and evacuation insurance
- Orientation and reentry preparation
- Home institution credit or SIT credit
- On-call student affairs professionals 24 hours a day
- Meals (with homestay families, as a group, and/or through stipends)
- Local transportation
Duration – SIT custom programs can take place over the course of a semester, summer, academic year, or January term.
Learn more about SIT Custom Programs: