Program Visit Policy
SIT Study Abroad programs are immersive, integrative and based on experiential education. Students are asked to engage fully in the program at all times during the term, and schedules often change. Over years of experience, we have found that students are most successful in the program when they are actively engaged in the host community and participate in local activities.
For these reasons, we respectfully request that all visitors plan to meet students after the program is over. After the program, students are able to show family and friends all that they have learned, know what they have already seen with the program, and engage with family and friends without detracting from their experience of the program.
Temporary leaves from the program are granted only in extreme circumstances and must be approved by the program’s Academic Director. Each program has its own travel policy based on the program schedule, safety and security regulations, and visa considerations; students are expected to adhere to program-specific travel policies.
- How to Choose a Program
- View SIT Study Abroad Undergraduate Research / ISP Collection
- View the 2013 Overview Brochure (PDF, 1MB)
- View the 2013 Semester Catalog (PDF, 4MB)
- View the 2013 Summer Catalog (PDF, 1MB)
- View Our Photo Galleries on Flickr
- Academic Resources/Library
- Track Your Application Online
- US State Department "Students Abroad"
- SIT Study Abroad Gear