888.272.7881 (toll-free in US)
PO Box 676, 1 Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302 USA
A pioneer in experiential, field-based study abroad, SIT offers semester, summer, and academic year programs for undergraduate students in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East, as well as comparative programs in multiple locations.
"It's hard to imagine a better way to study abroad: you are welcomed into a family and a home, you are taught by local experts, learn the language, traverse the streets, eat delicious food, explore different cultural scenes, and at the end of the semester you are able to direct your own studies and conduct original research."
Danielle Hayes, Washington University in St. Louis
Serbia, Bosnia, and Kosovo: Peace and Conflict Studies in the Balkans
The SIT Study Abroad Experience:
- Rigorous academic programs through a field-based, experiential approach
- Undergraduate research through an Independent Study Project or Case Studies
- Cultural immersion through fieldwork, intensive language classes, and urban and rural homestays with local families
- A small group of students in each program, supported by SIT faculty and staff, homestay families, in-country experts, and community members
- Access to SIT’s extensive local resources and networks
- A commitment to reciprocity as the foundation of our educational philosophy
SIT prepares students to be interculturally effective leaders, professionals, and citizens. In so doing, SIT fosters a worldwide network of individuals and organizations committed to responsible global citizenship. SIT fulfills this mission with field-based academic study abroad programs for undergraduates and accredited master’s degrees and certificate programs for graduates and professionals.