888.272.7881 (toll-free in US)
PO Box 676, 1 Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302 USA
A pioneer in experiential, field-based study abroad, SIT offers semester and summer programs for undergraduate students in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East, as well as comparative programs in multiple locations.
The SIT Study Abroad Experience:
- Rigorous academic programs through a field-based, experiential approach
- Undergraduate research through an Independent Study Project
- Cultural immersion through fieldwork, intensive language classes, and urban and rural homestays with local families
- A small group of students in each program, supported by SIT faculty and staff, homestay families, in-country experts, and community members
- Access to SIT’s extensive local resources and networks
- A commitment to reciprocity as the foundation of our educational philosophy
SIT prepares students to be interculturally effective leaders, professionals, and citizens. In so doing, SIT fosters a worldwide network of individuals and organizations committed to responsible global citizenship. SIT fulfills this mission with field-based academic study abroad programs for undergraduates and accredited master’s degrees and certificate programs for graduates and professionals.
- We are now accepting applications for fall 2014 and summer 2014. Visit the Program Availability page for details.
- SIT Celebrates 50 years! Read a blog story about our history.
- Save the date! SIT 50th reunion — August 8, 9, and 10. Learn more.
- SIT announces Group Site Visits. This year we will be having two group site visits - Serbia and South Africa.
- Read the op-ed in the Boston Globe by vice provost Priscilla Stone and dean of external relations Laurie Black
"It's hard to imagine a better way to study abroad: you are welcomed into a family and a home, you are taught by local experts, learn the language, traverse the streets, eat delicious food, explore different cultural scenes, and at the end of the semester you are able to direct your own studies and conduct original research."
—Danielle Hayes, Washington University in St. Louis
Serbia, Bosnia, and Kosovo: Peace and Conflict Studies in the Balkans
- View Our Undergraduate Research / ISP Collection
- Read Our Blog
- View the 2014 Overview Brochure (PDF, 2MB)
- View the 2014 Semester Catalog (PDF, 8MB)
- View the 2014 Summer Catalog (PDF, 1MB)
- Track Your Application Online
- Request a Transcript
- US State Department "Students Abroad"
- SIT Study Abroad Gear
- SIT Fair Trade Coffee Now Available